Hello Guest

Author Topic: Uber Contest - Holi !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Images Only)  (Read 2918 times)

Offline Brendon

• Global Moderator
  • Manic
Uber Contest - Holi !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Images Only)
« on: March 14, 2014, 10:28:09 PM »
Holi !!!!

The very word conjures up colors, water and dead cameras (ok the last part is probably me only but most everyone thinks of only the first two parts I am sure).

So without much further ado I present the PCI Holi Contest !!!

There are so many beautiful photos on Holi but ill post a few for reference taken from flickr -

Nandgaon Holi Festival, India by Jitendra Singh : Indian Travel Photographer, on Flickr

Oops ! Err sorry the last one was NOT about Holi and such pictures would be disqualified !!!

12 Rules of Holi

1. There are no rules !!!!!!
2. Rule 1 is a joke. There actually ARE rules
3. Rule 2 is real. There really really really are rules. Trust me !!!
4. NO restrictions on capture date. If you shot Holi in the year 500 BC it will count (Yes I believe in time travel)
5. ONLY one photo per member. So only post your bestest best work. (Yes bestest is a word. Google it)
6. NO user voting this time!
7. Contest will be decided by a panel of our 3 eminent mentors - Naturecloseups, Dr Anand and Sh Vikram Franklin
8. Mentors cannot participate in the contest (sorry guys but more contests will come)
9. Please provide a title for your photo. This is important as it becomes easy for the mentors to identify
10. Contest submission will stop on 31st March and the mentors will decide a winner among them.
11. The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plains
12. Sorry there are actually only 10 rules but 12 sounds so much cooler so I had to fill rule 11 with some text.

The winner will get a personalized PCI T-Shirt and a mention in our Hall of Fame ! The runner up will also get a mention in the Hall of Fame !

Best of luck to everyone ! (Especially the mentors as I would hate to judge so many awesome photos :P )
« Last Edit: March 14, 2014, 10:30:53 PM by Brendon »

Offline PixelHunter

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Learning something new everyday..
Re: Uber Contest - Holi !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Images Only)
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 09:59:29 PM »
Strange!! No shot of holi??  ??? ??? Anyways, just to get things rolling, here is one from my side. Took yesterday on my phone, that too, the lens was coated in gulaal. So, no EXIF data Available.

Title- Sister in Arms

sisters in arms by Binoy Bhushan, on Flickr
"The best camera is the one that's with you" Chase Jarvis

Offline pushpinder

• Loyalist
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 10:32:45 AM »
For Holi, age no bar!

f 6.3
1/100s
iso 100

Offline Rakesh J.V

• Trusted Member
  • Loyalist
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2014, 04:49:50 PM »
Title: Splashhhhh !!!

Offline SharatKolke

• Manic
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2014, 08:17:19 PM »
Colors of Love

_MG_1788.jpg.jpg by sharat_kolke, on Flickr

Offline shooter

• Hero
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2014, 06:28:03 PM »
Rajpal Yadav from Bhool Bhulaiya : This is the title given to the pic by my friends. This photograph of mine was taken about two years ago in Holi. I know, that this pic is not very nice to submit to a photography competition, but who cares? Participating is fun...!!!!

Offline Chillum_Baba

• Manic
  • Chillum Baba
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2014, 01:28:36 PM »
Bura na maano.....Holi hai!

Offline Subhadip

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
    • My Website
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 05:43:19 PM »
My condition is similar to that of Binoy (Pixel Hunter). I have no Holi shots but i had one clicked by mobile (Blackberry 8100 Perl).
I am submitting this not for competition but for participation.

Story: This photograph was taken in the year 2010, February 28th. My daughter was born on 2nd Feb 2010 so she was 26 days old. This photo is featuring my dad, niece, my wife and my new born daughter. The very next day i was down with Chicken Pox and my wife and daughter had to leave for her parents place in Bokaro. I could not see my daughter for the next 3 months cause of my illness and subsequent official tour. I kept looking at this picture all those three month... thus i cherished this photograph a lot.

Mad about Nikon... :)