Hello Guest

Author Topic: A Special Award under PCI Banner - (Cash , Trophy and Certificate)  (Read 1704 times)

Offline Fake ID

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Photographers Club Of India
    • Photographers Club of India
Hello PCI Friends,

Greetings !

"Charity begins at Home"  - A Special Initiative by  - More Than Words Digital Studio, Kerala"

It gives me immense pleasure to propose a Award to our Fellow PCI Members through my recent new venture - More than Words - A Digital Home Studio, setup based in Aranmula , Kerala. i will be glad to sponsor them  through PCI. I am proposing these Awards now to Three (03) members . A total Budget of INR.10,000/- Only.

01) 1st (First Prize )      : (Cash + Trophy + Certificate) Total Amount Rs.5000/- INR only.
02) 2nd (Second Prize) : (Cash + Trophy + Certificate) Total Amount Rs.3000/- INR only.
03) 3rd (Third Prize)      : (Cash + Trophy + Certificate) Total Amount Rs.2000/- INR only.

The Jury for these Awards will be announced later after approval from PCI Admins and Moderators.

Overall factors considered for this Award are :
01) Your Photography Skills
02) Your Contribution on Posts at PCI .
03) Your attitude of helping other Members at PCI.
04) Your Participation in the PCI Forum Contests.
05) Your Special features on any Photography Subjects, Gear Reviews etc.

Over all you need to be a Good Photographer , Motivator  and a wonderful Human Being by helping other PCI Members who join here to Learn and share their experiences.

All members of PCI are eligible for this Award, and will be given at an Annual Meet of PCI. 

Thanking you all once again for being a Part of PCI.

Anil George

(Note: Only after Approval by Admins and Mods )

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:02:53 PM by apacheebest »
Canon Gear 5D Mark III,Lens : 24-105 f/4 L IS USM, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II USM, 16-35mm f/4 IS USM,Extender 2x III, Elinchrom 400 FXR, Speedlite 600 EX- RT,Continous Lights, Backdrops, monopad with Manfrotto MHXPRO3W X-PRO 3-Way Head etc.
Website: www.photographersclubofindia.com - (By Invitation Only)

Offline Subhadip

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
    • My Website
 :like: :like: :like:
CLAP CLAP CLAP
Mad about Nikon... :)

Offline theqca

• Hero
    • Framed For Life
Sounds like an excellent initiative from your end Anil...you sure have a large heart!!

Maybe you should put some timelines in place...draw up a final plan of what you would like to do and exchange some PMs with Lightwave, Henry and Brendon.

The only challenge i can think off at this stage is the Annual meetup that you've mentioned. There are a lot of people here who have a lot of personal and work related commitments and plus there is the issue of travel costs etc. For people like me who are working and not self employed this may be a challenge..for someone who's a businessman it may just need some minor tweaking of schedule.

Having said that - do give us a shout if you are ever in Mumbai!!!
Nikon FM(black), Nikon FG, Nikon D700, Nikon FM(silver), Nikon FM10, Pentax Spotmatic, Zenith TTL, Minox Wetzlar, Agfa Optima III, Yashica & Rollei rangefinders etc

28mm 2.8, 70-300vr, 200mm f4, 50mm 1.4, 55mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 16mm 2.8, 70-210 f4 macro, Lensbaby, Helios 44 f2, 90mm macro, etc

Offline saiki

• Trusted Member
  • Manic
  • From Canon camp
Wow abbhai.... Tussi great ho....... :like:
Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I?m going to take tomorrow. ? Imogen Cunningham

Offline somnath goswami

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
While the initiative is brilliant, the parameters mentioned are too subjective. I would prefer a specific photographic contest any day.
Regards
Somnath

Offline shooter

• Hero
Very nice initiative.....But agree with Somnath da's comments...

Offline rishabh

• Trusted Member
  • Loyalist
    • Nazzare
absolutely wonderful initiative anil bhai. Your efforts just proves that how amazing community we have here at PCI.

Will agree with Somnath da comment. Make the competition a bit more specific. 

Offline PixelHunter

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Learning something new everyday..
You sure have a large heart Anil and really an asset to PCI. I would really look forward to the final shape of the competition. +1 karma to your way my friend. .
"The best camera is the one that's with you" Chase Jarvis

Offline Fake ID

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Photographers Club Of India
    • Photographers Club of India
While the initiative is brilliant, the parameters mentioned are too subjective. I would prefer a specific photographic contest any day.
Regards
Somnath

i am proposing another Option to PCI members, You can also Consider (01) First Prize on every Monthly PCI Contest , where i can Offer a Cash Prize of INR.1000/- [ One Thousand Only]. That means 12 months Promotions = INR 12,000/- Yearly Budget an increase of INR. 2,000/- from my earlier Proposal.

You can make this a Monthly (12K) or Yearly Event (10K), Choice is entirely left to Members.

Awaiting your suggestions,

Thanking you all once again

Anil George

(N.B) : I am Learning each day at the Forums, it is a small initiative by giving some thing back to the Society. Money can never be a compensation for the knowledge what we all gain but just Be A By Product. Even if the Prize amount is small, only hope it will give some achieving satisfaction to our Members who will continuously help others grow here.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:30:22 PM by apacheebest »
Canon Gear 5D Mark III,Lens : 24-105 f/4 L IS USM, 70-200 f/2.8 L IS II USM, 16-35mm f/4 IS USM,Extender 2x III, Elinchrom 400 FXR, Speedlite 600 EX- RT,Continous Lights, Backdrops, monopad with Manfrotto MHXPRO3W X-PRO 3-Way Head etc.
Website: www.photographersclubofindia.com - (By Invitation Only)

Offline rishabh

• Trusted Member
  • Loyalist
    • Nazzare
speechless. Anil bhai your generosity is immense. Not only it will help generate buzz about PCI but will also help encourage learners like me to give our 100%. 

Offline somnath goswami

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
@Anil, I reiterate that all I have had for your offer is respect and appreciation since the beginning. My only doubt was about the parameters. Now what is best for the community will be decided, I am surely in most able way, by the mods and members. In the meantime I again thank you for your generosity.
Regards
Somnath

Offline dashillol

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Learner by Choice
Anil, this shows how big a heart you have. Absolutely commendable. Mods will come out with a plan to implement your proposal with reasonable parameters. But the gesture from you is awesome. One clap for you.  :)
A Nikon lover with few glasses, Nikon and Yongnuo speedlights, Benro tripod with ball-head and a few Hoya/Nikon/Marumi/Griffin filters

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
It's a wonderful large hearted decision Anil. I'll talk to the moderators as well and get in touch so that the funds you have offered to spend can benefit the members maximally. I personally do not want any funds to run the site and forum but if the members share among themselves, not only cash but photography gear which they are no longer using, it will be a great boost to the member loyalty and contributions. We may be young, less than 5 months old, but it's shaping up to be an awesome community. Thanks Anil.

Offline Brendon

• Global Moderator
  • Manic
Wow, I am absolutely speechless !  :o

Very generous of you Anil !  :like:

Offline Hot Shoe

• Hero
Warm hearted gesture from you Anil. Appreciated.  :like:
Nikon D7000   /// Nikkor 35mm 1.8G  50mm 1.8D   55-300mm  // Tamron 17-50 f2.8  90mm f2.8 Macro  // Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6  /// Yongnuo 460 II  560 III  /// Vanguard Alta Pro 263AT // Rollei Pro BH611