Hello Guest

Author Topic: Fixing the problem of brush size not showing in PS  (Read 946 times)

Offline PixelHunter

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Learning something new everyday..
Fixing the problem of brush size not showing in PS
« on: March 09, 2014, 07:02:19 PM »
This is such a minor issue that I was thinking of not posting it but this evening I wasted a good one hour trying to fix this problem. This one gets more people because it?s a feature that acts like a bug. Has this ever happened to you? You?re working in Photoshop, you?re using the Brush tool (B), and everything seems fine. But a little later in your session, you get the Brush tool again, and it no longer displays the size of the currently selected brush tip. Instead, it displays a little crosshair cursor. No matter which brush you select, it?s not showing your brush size; it?s showing that stupid crosshair. Here?s the problem: Check your Caps Lock key. It?s turned on, and turning it on changes your Brush cursor from displaying brush size to displaying the crosshair. This is actually a feature to be used when you need to see the precise center of your brush. The problem is it?s assigned to the Caps Lock key, so every time you turn on Caps Lock when you?re working with type, you just temporarily switched your Brush cursor (or any cursor for that matter). Hope this saves the frustration for some..
"The best camera is the one that's with you" Chase Jarvis

Offline gautam023

• Trusted Member
  • Manic
  • Learning to fly
    • 500px
Re: Fixing the problem of brush size not showing in PS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 07:35:37 PM »
Lol. Happened a couple times here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

"Tezi gaadi mein nahi, chalanewale mein hoti hai"

500 px  |  Flickr

Offline kaushik_s

• Loyalist
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 08:42:56 PM »
Ha ha I did face this situation and I was going crazy thinking my PS gone corrupt (I was using cracked version that time :p ). I actually thought that it's a bug and not a feature :)
Painting with Light and Shadow..
https://www.facebook.com/PhotographyByKaushik

Offline Aditya Aima

• Manic
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 03:30:07 PM »
Haha It happened to me once.. almost decided to reinstall the software

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

I own mostly the best that less money can buy...