Hello Guest

Author Topic: PCI Mega Contest !!!!  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Brendon

• Global Moderator
  • Manic
PCI Mega Contest !!!!
« on: September 06, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »
ALL you guys were asking for it and now you are getting it !!!!

Wait thats not right . Ok SOME of you guys you were asking for it and now you are getting it !!!!

No no, that doesn't seem right either. Hmm... Ok guys no one asked for it, no one wanted it BUT you are getting it anyways cause I am OCTOMOD !!!! :D (Yes that's more like it)

So with that I hear by declare the PCI MEGA Contest open for entries !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :like:

Offline Brendon

• Global Moderator
  • Manic
Re: PCI Mega Contest !!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2014, 10:00:40 PM »
Hmph, I have been informed by some 'people' who will not be shamed err named that I need to put more than just a bunch of rhetoric and actually have rules and regulations and stuff (Who the hell plays by rules ?)

So with grudging resignation I hear by list the rules.

Contest details

1. Post photos (upto 2 per user) in any of the following categories - People Photography, Landscapes and Cityscapes, Nature Photography and Abstract, Strobist, Fine art
1.1 The limit is 2 per user per category. So feel free to post 2 in all categories if you have such a photo.

2. Photos MUST be clicked anytime from tomorrow 7th September till 30th November 2014. (Yup thats correct, almost 3 months !)
2.1 While there is a limit of 2 per user you are free to change your entry anytime till 30th November if you feel you have a better photo to post.

3. There will be an elimination members vote to choose the best 5 or 6 photos in each category.

4. The mentors will ultimately choose the winner from the best 5 or 6 photos.

Rules and Regulations

1. Composites are allowed only in the fine art, abstract category.

2. HDR and exposure blending is allowed for landscapes.

3. Photos to be submitted as 900 px on longest side for landscapes and 700 px side for portrait photos.

4. NO NUDE PHOTOS to be posted on the Portrait section. Please mail such photos to me.

All the best !
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:24:14 PM by Brendon »

Offline theqca

• Hero
    • Framed For Life
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2014, 10:07:02 PM »
Sounds interesting....you've managed to come up with an excellent way of ensuring there is a balance between popularity and technical accuracy but doing the voting + judging bit :)
Nikon FM(black), Nikon FG, Nikon D700, Nikon FM(silver), Nikon FM10, Pentax Spotmatic, Zenith TTL, Minox Wetzlar, Agfa Optima III, Yashica & Rollei rangefinders etc

28mm 2.8, 70-300vr, 200mm f4, 50mm 1.4, 55mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 16mm 2.8, 70-210 f4 macro, Lensbaby, Helios 44 f2, 90mm macro, etc

Offline Brendon

• Global Moderator
  • Manic
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2014, 09:21:20 AM »
^^ Yes its amazing what people can come up with after a few beers !!! :D

Offline MayaV

• Hero
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2014, 11:08:15 AM »
Way to go! Octomod rocks!

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 04:26:17 PM »
And to match the competition, the price will be not the usual T-shirt but a box pack of Kaspersky Antivirus 2014. Includes 1 year license.

Offline akshayeakki

• Loyalist
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 10:55:51 AM »
Sounds amazing.. Cheers !!
The eye should learn to listen before it looks - Robert Frank

Offline Sandeep

• Trusted Member
  • Manic
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 08:21:59 PM »
How will it be ensured that pic are taken between that 3 months period. You gonna ask for the raw files?
"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept." - Ansel Adams

Offline Brendon

• Global Moderator
  • Manic
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 07:23:44 PM »
^^ Yes once the contest is over, ill pm every one to send me the original RAW files.

Offline n_deb_click

• Loyalist
  • With Kodak Z1012 IS.
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2014, 12:29:08 AM »
Hi Brandon,
Great idea but members like me always lookout of new monthly competition every month striving to put some pics which others would love.
This will however give more scope for showing technical and creative talent, which is very good indeed.

Since its for longer period (around 3 months) and wider categories, a min 3 entries per person, would be great just like in Nat Geo etc. This will give a bit more space for amateurs who are trying hard and improving. Can you please look into this.

Moreover, after seeing members posting more than 2 posts and across various categories, I want to understand whether the max number of posts limits are for per member, per category i.e. 2 per category for each member?

Thanks and regards,
Novoniel Deb
With Kodak Z1012 IS.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/n_deb_click/

Offline PixelHunter

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Learning something new everyday..
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2014, 06:26:47 PM »
I am coming back actively to the forum after a long break and I must say, I am surprised at the lackluster reception towards this contest. So few entries? I remember the flower competition where a large number of people participated. Come on guys, show some enthusiasm.
"The best camera is the one that's with you" Chase Jarvis

Offline theqca

• Hero
    • Framed For Life
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2014, 07:57:45 PM »
I guess the forum has a lot of active members however they aint really keen on contests... I'll put up my entries next week..
Nikon FM(black), Nikon FG, Nikon D700, Nikon FM(silver), Nikon FM10, Pentax Spotmatic, Zenith TTL, Minox Wetzlar, Agfa Optima III, Yashica & Rollei rangefinders etc

28mm 2.8, 70-300vr, 200mm f4, 50mm 1.4, 55mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 16mm 2.8, 70-210 f4 macro, Lensbaby, Helios 44 f2, 90mm macro, etc

Offline Brendon

• Global Moderator
  • Manic
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »
Hi Brandon,
Great idea but members like me always lookout of new monthly competition every month striving to put some pics which others would love.
This will however give more scope for showing technical and creative talent, which is very good indeed.

Since its for longer period (around 3 months) and wider categories, a min 3 entries per person, would be great just like in Nat Geo etc. This will give a bit more space for amateurs who are trying hard and improving. Can you please look into this.

Moreover, after seeing members posting more than 2 posts and across various categories, I want to understand whether the max number of posts limits are for per member, per category i.e. 2 per category for each member?

Thanks and regards,
Novoniel Deb

Hi Deb,

There is a limit of 2 per person as I mentioned but I have been weighing in on the response to see if we can increase it to 3 per person.

The limit is per category. So a person can theoretically post a total of 8 photos for judging.

Will take a decision by next month if we can go to 3 per category.

I have updated the rules to make the per category post more clear.

Offline Bharat Varma

• Loyalist
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2014, 01:00:50 PM »
Hmph, I have been informed by some 'people' who will not be shamed err named that I need to put more than just a bunch of rhetoric and actually have rules and regulations and stuff (Who the hell plays by rules ?)

So with grudging resignation I hear by list the rules.

Contest details

1. Post photos (upto 2 per user) in any of the following categories - People Photography, Landscapes and Cityscapes, Nature Photography and Abstract, Strobist, Fine art
1.1 The limit is 2 per user per category. So feel free to post 2 in all categories if you have such a photo.

2. Photos MUST be clicked anytime from tomorrow 7th September till 30th November 2014. (Yup thats correct, almost 3 months !)
2.1 While there is a limit of 2 per user you are free to change your entry anytime till 30th November if you feel you have a better photo to post.

3. There will be an elimination members vote to choose the best 5 or 6 photos in each category.

4. The mentors will ultimately choose the winner from the best 5 or 6 photos.

Rules and Regulations

1. Composites are allowed only in the fine art, abstract category.

2. HDR and exposure blending is allowed for landscapes.

3. Photos to be submitted as 900 px on longest side for landscapes and 700 px side for portrait photos.

4. NO NUDE PHOTOS to be posted on the Portrait section. Please mail such photos to me.

All the best !

We running a separate contest for nude photos?
What's the Award?

Do Cat nudes count?

Offline Clickr Mohit

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2014, 01:50:31 PM »
My submission for the category- People Photography
in the PCI photography competion.
"Together we stand"