Hello Guest

Author Topic: Mom and Granny  (Read 795 times)

Offline Aditya Aima

• Manic
    • Flickr Photostream
Mom and Granny
« on: September 29, 2014, 07:52:12 PM »
Mom by Aditya A., on Flickr

Grandmother by Aditya A., on Flickr
I own mostly the best that less money can buy...

Offline WILD CAT

• Trusted Member
  • Loyalist
Re: Mom and Granny
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 07:55:33 PM »
Granny's pose and pic has come out ekdum perfect..seems like a Maharani From Olden Times ..Great shot with good light handling Aditya :) :like:

Offline Aditya Aima

• Manic
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 08:58:36 PM »
Granny's pose and pic has come out ekdum perfect..seems like a Maharani From Olden Times ..Great shot with good light handling Aditya :) :like:
Thanks..  was just one flash

Offline WILD CAT

• Trusted Member
  • Loyalist
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 09:14:13 PM »
Bas right cheek(her left cheek) should have been in light too :)

Offline theqca

• Hero
    • Framed For Life
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2014, 08:23:06 AM »

thats great indian wedding photographer light set up- equal light on both side - thats an easy photograph.

He's shot this with one light - i believe he's been reading strobist related 1 light boooks.
Nikon FM(black), Nikon FG, Nikon D700, Nikon FM(silver), Nikon FM10, Pentax Spotmatic, Zenith TTL, Minox Wetzlar, Agfa Optima III, Yashica & Rollei rangefinders etc

28mm 2.8, 70-300vr, 200mm f4, 50mm 1.4, 55mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 16mm 2.8, 70-210 f4 macro, Lensbaby, Helios 44 f2, 90mm macro, etc

Offline theqca

• Hero
    • Framed For Life
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2014, 08:26:22 AM »
i liked the light set up good work dude- you've managed to get some drama in the light in my humble opinion which is what i find missing in a lot of portraits. photos look good in black and white.

in terms of what could be better - details in the white have been blown out in some places. In pic one there is a shadow line across her throat - this could have been avoided like you've done in pic 2 where the shadow is not in the form of a line. In pic 1 some space in front of the subject would have improved the photo composition.
Nikon FM(black), Nikon FG, Nikon D700, Nikon FM(silver), Nikon FM10, Pentax Spotmatic, Zenith TTL, Minox Wetzlar, Agfa Optima III, Yashica & Rollei rangefinders etc

28mm 2.8, 70-300vr, 200mm f4, 50mm 1.4, 55mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 16mm 2.8, 70-210 f4 macro, Lensbaby, Helios 44 f2, 90mm macro, etc

Offline Aditya Aima

• Manic
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2014, 01:00:00 PM »

thats great indian wedding photographer light set up- equal light on both side - thats an easy photograph.

He's shot this with one light - i believe he's been reading strobist related 1 light boooks.
Yup..  as I have just one manul flash I am just using it.

Offline Aditya Aima

• Manic
    • Flickr Photostream
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2014, 01:02:21 PM »
i liked the light set up good work dude- you've managed to get some drama in the light in my humble opinion which is what i find missing in a lot of portraits. photos look good in black and white.

in terms of what could be better - details in the white have been blown out in some places. In pic one there is a shadow line across her throat - this could have been avoided like you've done in pic 2 where the shadow is not in the form of a line. In pic 1 some space in front of the subject would have improved the photo composition.
Thanks Ayaz..  Yup the shadow line is not there in second coz there was a tube light complementing the flash

Offline SharatKolke

• Manic
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2014, 07:30:16 PM »
Both come across as very strong personalities. BW suits perfectly fine. Good work, Aditya.

Offline g2

• Loyalist
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2014, 09:37:50 PM »
Hi AA,

The granny shot is really well done, the pose is perfect and she engages the viewer, lit well too.
The mom shot is lacking that pose and intimacy with the camera, light wise (I am not sure about this) shouldn't the side closest to the camera be well lit instead of the opposite?

I would like to see a coloured version of the granny pic (if you have processed it) 

Cheers :)

Offline n_deb_click

• Loyalist
  • With Kodak Z1012 IS.
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2014, 07:56:27 PM »
Hi Aditya,

The pics are quite great because of the posture, expression, framing, texture etc.
The only thing which bothers me (its my opinion and may be wrong as others have not quoted this) is a bit too much light on the subject.
With Kodak Z1012 IS.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/n_deb_click/