Hello Guest

Author Topic: Please help me to decide  (Read 2299 times)

Offline somnath goswami

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
Re: Please help me to decide
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2014, 02:08:43 PM »
Somnath bhai, Don't ask me why? ( Lol I just managed to create a rhyme :)
My untrained naive eye is not able to appreciate the pic, the goat or is it a cow? appears to be a misfit compositional y. You can send me brickbats in return. I shall happily accept them :D
Sirji your opinion is very valuable to me 😀

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2014, 10:48:18 AM »
Sending Lottsa Love for that great attitude!  :D :D :D :D
A Year young with my DSLR and loving it.........
Gear: Canon 600d + 18-55, +55-250

Offline n_deb_click

• Loyalist
  • With Kodak Z1012 IS.
    • Flickr.com
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 12:46:37 AM »
Hi,

The is a nice one.

I liked the composition of sand, sea, lots of rocks, land and animal overlooking them. :like:

However, personally I didnt liked the blan and white one mainly because of one reason that its a bit rough....not because of the grains...I dont have any issues with them but all the objects in that pic is too dark, making it difficult to see and feel the sea; the sand, animal and the rocks seems to give a slightly scary finish.

Landscapes/nature type pics are always better if they are more natural and soft. The one with color is just great.
With Kodak Z1012 IS.
Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/n_deb_click/

Offline somnath goswami

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 03:54:10 PM »
Hi,

The is a nice one.

I liked the composition of sand, sea, lots of rocks, land and animal overlooking them. :like:

However, personally I didnt liked the blan and white one mainly because of one reason that its a bit rough....not because of the grains...I dont have any issues with them but all the objects in that pic is too dark, making it difficult to see and feel the sea; the sand, animal and the rocks seems to give a slightly scary finish.

Landscapes/nature type pics are always better if they are more natural and soft. The one with color is just great.

Thanks for the thoughts :-)

Offline drgap

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 12:26:53 PM »
i liked the colour version more than the B & W

The blue sky gives life to the whole pictures and depicts liveliness in the whole pic.

The B & W depicts solitude with the lonely animal sitting helplessly .

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2014, 12:06:35 AM »
Hi Guys.

My very prejudiced opinion probably follows from having grown up with Tri-X.  I definitely like the black and white one more.  The grain effect seems to me to impart more character to the ground, the water, rocks, and the trees on the horizon.  The color shot, by comparison, comes across a little more like a "nice, smooth, color, digital snapshot," whereas the monochrome version seems to me to have more "bite" or "punch".

I think it's fascinating that the creature is looking out at the sea.  I cannot ever remember seeing an image of an animal on the shore looking seaward.  I wonder if it is waiting for a boat with someone he/she knows, or just what.  Any picture that causes the viewer to look twice and wonder like this one does has merit.

:)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 12:17:15 AM by Hankosaurus »
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Offline somnath goswami

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 11:34:56 AM »
Thanks Doctor Puri and Henry for your valuable comments. It is amazing how different eyes seek for different things and interpret differently. The experience is very rewarding.

regards
Somnath

Offline Hyperdrive

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2014, 10:02:16 AM »
Sorry about the late response Somnath, but I'd prefer the colour version. The B&W doesn't have much appeal. IMO both colour/B&W would be better without the cow in the foreground :P

Offline somnath goswami

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2014, 11:37:17 AM »
Thanks HD  :). LOL about the cow.