Hello Guest

Author Topic: Black Rapid Camera strap Knockoffs  (Read 4326 times)

Offline Monstermayank

• Rookie
Re: Black Rapid Camera strap Knockoffs
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 12:18:42 AM »
The neck straps are just annoying for long walks, even when left hanging it reaches a very awkward height, not at all comfortable and causes neck pain.
In general what will be the best solution for it then?

Offline kaushik_s

• Loyalist
Re: Black Rapid Camera strap Knockoffs
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 03:47:49 AM »
Could anyone suggest a good strap for 3.3 to 3.5 kg setup (70d+300mm 2.8 IS II + 2x extender III), i do have the lens strap that Canon supplies.

Cheers

Vivek

I wanted to try out the Carry Speed FS-Pro and that kind of looks to be a very good strap and priced lower than the overpriced BR (IMO they are really overpriced for what they are). You can read/watch some of the reviews.
Now, read my views on Carry Speed as someone who only have seen this strap but have never used it, so read with a pinch of salt,
Pros for this one would be the fact that it comes with a tripod plate(arca-swiss type) and you won't have to remove the strap screw like in other BR types.
Also it seems to be well padded and comfortable.
Then there is an alternate arrangement of use by having an extra belt, if you want to carry a heavier lens with a bit of distributed weight. The main strap can be connected to the tripod collar and the extra belt on the body tripod mounting screw, thereby having two points of connection. But that arrangement also seems to be having an issue when changing lens, as the main strap point now have to be connected to the tripod collar of the lens and not the body. But if you are using only lens or using it like a normal BR strap then there shouldn't be any issue.
I think Anish had imported a few and I remember posting about this sometime back when Somnath was inquiring. Not sure if it's still available though.

Personally, I have been using Kata Reflex-C and I have around 3 of them (2 in use and 1 as backup just lying around :p ). They are very comfortable and spreads the weight pretty well. I have carried them with 5Dm2+Grip+70-200 2.8 IS and they are pretty comfortable. Obviously if one carries for many hours then there would be some discomfort but that would be true with any straps.

Regards,
Painting with Light and Shadow..
https://www.facebook.com/PhotographyByKaushik