Author Topic: Fuji X-T1 owners rejoice  (Read 1447 times)

Offline gsferrari

• Loyalist
    • Flickr Photostream
Fuji X-T1 owners rejoice
« on: January 03, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »
V3 firmware is out (has been since Christmas). I just got down to updating the firmware this morning.

The difference is NOT subtle.

56mm f/1.2 AF is improved by a huge margin - feels incredibly snappy to focus.
10-24 f/4 AF was always quite good but it feels like an all new lens

Reports online that the 23/35/27 all feel far snappier than before.

The main difference for me was the 56mm which is one of the slowest focusing lenses I have ever used. Now it feels like a lens I can consider keeping rather than swapping it for a 23mm f/1.4.

Aside from AF - Electronic shutter is enabled allowing much faster shutter speeds in bright conditions. Haven't tried it yet - will do later this afternoon.

OWNERS - don't wait - update!
Fuji X-T1 / 56mm f/1.2 / 10-24mm f/4
Lee 100mm Filter Holder / 0.9 ND Soft Grad / B&W CPL / Lee Big Stopper

Offline Rav

Re: Fuji X-T1 owners rejoice
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2016, 01:04:33 AM »
Hi,

I have just joined the club and would like to know few things about the Mirrorless and M43 systems.
I currently shoot with Canon 40D, Canon 55-250mm, 50mm,10-22mm. I am an enthusiast and by no means a professional. I do love to shoot birds in flight an landscapes.
Of late, I have contemplating to move to mirrorless as that would make my kit lightweight and encourage me to take it to a bit more places than I would with my current kit. Would like to know your thoughts on Xt-1 or any M43 cams out there with regards to Image quality, less noise in low light with good ISO and most importantly the cost of owning the system like prices of the lenses etc. Request your help in this regard.

Thanks,
Rav

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 04:19:52 AM »
Hello Rav.

You may find THIS LINK of interest.   It is fellow PCI Member Mayur Shinde's view on this subject.   It is very well articulated and is from the perspective of experience comparing Nikon dSLRs and a capable mirrorless system.

Welcome to the Forum, and best of luck with your decision.

Happy Day.

:)
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Offline ridhikaartgallery

• Photography Studio in Ludhiana
    • Photography Studio in Ludhiana
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 07:57:16 PM »
I'm considering updating from my trusty X-T1 to the X-T3. The restricted spotlight focuses on the X-T1 have alway driven me somewhat insane, however generally, I'm searching for improved in general AF execution, particularly when shooting my significant other's street cycling.

I was genuinely considering the X-T30, however my vision is likewise really poor (ha, ha, I know) and I wear specs, so I was somewhat stressed that the littler EVF may represent an issue.

I know the eccentricities of my X-T1, and keeping in mind that I need the upgrades of a more current camera body, I'm am anxious about exchanging known characteristics for obscure peculiarities. Everything's a trade off, so I'm interested to get notification from other X-T1 clients who have made the jump to either display. What do you believe you picked up, and what (on the off chance that anything) do you believe you lost in the redesign?