Hello Guest

Author Topic: Card readers for saving time.  (Read 618 times)

Offline photofanatic

Card readers for saving time.
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:58:48 PM »
When you are a photographer-may it be of any kind- you are constantly in between clicking and checking the photos. At that moment you are also wasting your time un-tangling your USB cable, and that is very time consuming but still can be avoided. A portable card reader is the answer, and they are also available in various capacity and speeds. So, you can easily speed up your transfers and get ahead with your photo shoot.

You can go for Kingston MobileLite G4, which is portable, with a sleek metallic design, USB 3.0 multi-function card reader , Backwards-compatible with USB 2.0 and so much more.

Or Transcend USB 3.0 Super Speed Multi-Card Reader, This memory card reader is almost 4x faster than any USB 2.0 reader and can download an entire 32GB card in around 6 minutes.

This is pretty good device to have for portable experience.

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Re: Card readers for saving time.
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 11:56:45 PM »
.... At that moment you are also wasting your time un-tangling your USB cable, and that is very time consuming but...

Greetings photofanatic.

Welcome to PCI.

Unlike many of our fellow Members here, I'm no wizard in digital.  So, then, could you explain how it is that a USB cable has to be untangled at the moment of shooting?  For me, the USB cable comes in to play when I get back home to the computer and wish to offload images and make the in-camera CF card ready to receive a new batch.

BTW,  I could not help but notice that both of your two posts so far appear to be "promotionals" for Kingston and Transcend products, and little more than that.  Is that just a chance thing?  Using this Forum as a platform for the purpose of selling or promoting personal or external businesses or services (pecuniary, profit-motivated intent) is forbidden.

Thanks.   :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 12:06:10 AM by Hankosaurus »
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.