Hello Guest

Author Topic: Looking at buying a smartphone with good camera features.  (Read 881 times)

Offline darshit

Looking at buying a smartphone with good camera features.
« on: June 04, 2015, 06:10:33 PM »
I am an avid traveler and at a point where I am looking at starting a travel blog. From my travels, I have realized that carrying a bulky camera all the time doesn?t make sense. I am looking at buying a smartphone with good camera features and great battery backup. ( I want a camera that will let me experiment without spending tons of money on apps).

Offline mittalshekhar1

• Loyalist
Re: Looking at buying a smartphone with good camera features.
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2015, 10:36:56 AM »
Iphone 6 hands down.

Sent from my OnePlusOne

Offline naveen

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 12:27:42 PM »
Hi Darshit, I envy you. Even I plan to leave my 9 to 6 job and become a traveler(after saving some money) J. Definitely you require a good battery and camera smartphone. And it?s good that you want to try something new. I recently bought this new smartphone from Huawei, Honor 6 Plus.  Yes, you heard it right and it?s not an iphone. But trust me, this phone has all the features that an iphone possesses. I personally liked the looks (better than iphone I would say). And the camera is superb man! A dual-lens rear camera and 8MP front camera. Low light photography is unmatchable and HD video shooting with object tracking feature. And for pictures you have different modes like Beauty, Water mark, Super night etch which are absolutely killer.

Battery is superb and easily lasts for a day and half. I?m not much into this so can probably google to get more details. And if you are traveler then I would suggest you go for a Power bank. Honor also launched a new power bank with 13000 mAh battery!!. I guess you won?t have shed more than 28,000 for all this and I would say it?s a fairly good deal. Definitely worth a try

P.S- I may sound like I?m selling Honor phones but can?t help it. I?m actually in love with this product!!

Offline yndesai

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • ShadowGraphy
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2015, 11:17:26 AM »
I want a camera that will let me experiment without spending tons of money on apps.

You must check Canon P&S. They can be easily hacked with CHDK to give some very usefull features,
including shooting raw files and timelapse.

Following was clicked with canon sx130is which is 5yr old but is really handy. Easily fitting in coat pocket with AA batteries.
You must be ready for some amount of post processing though.

Taj by yndesai, on Flickr
http://yndpics.blogspot.com

Best accessory of camera is 3" behind it,
And mine needs an upgrade. . . ;)