Hello Guest

Author Topic: Abandoned..........  (Read 895 times)

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
Abandoned..........
« on: June 07, 2015, 08:34:38 PM »
The story can be found on my FB page here  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10205390552741429&set=a.1629007483221.2080759.1177593326&type=1&theater

Would love to hear from you all as to what your thoughts are about the picture.
Abandoned. by jasiiboss, on Flickr
A Year young with my DSLR and loving it.........
Gear: Canon 600d + 18-55, +55-250

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Re: Abandoned..........
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 06:12:49 AM »
Hi Jasii.

I found the picture inviting, interesting, and making me want to know all about it and the folks who live there, or lived there in the past.  I wonder what their stories are.  I gather that these buildings constitute a series of individual dwellings, connected into a community of some sort.

The rocks lead the eye from the feet of the viewer into the frame.  The glimpse of distant haze, and the converging lines of the setting convey a good sense of depth.  The tree on the left helps lead the eye around to the right on its tour through the image.  To me, yellow and white constitute a cheerful, hopeful color combination.  That makes me want to believe this is/was a happy place.  I wonder what activities have taken place in that courtyard.

I read your comments in your link given.  Your articulation is spectacular, just as your imagemaking.  Are you an author too?

I really enjoy visiting the places that have been recorded in your photography.  I like the way you see.

:)
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
Re: Abandoned..........
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2015, 05:09:54 PM »
Hi Jasii.

I found the picture inviting, interesting, and making me want to know all about it and the folks who live there, or lived there in the past.  I wonder what their stories are.  I gather that these buildings constitute a series of individual dwellings, connected into a community of some sort.

The rocks lead the eye from the feet of the viewer into the frame.  The glimpse of distant haze, and the converging lines of the setting convey a good sense of depth.  The tree on the left helps lead the eye around to the right on its tour through the image.  To me, yellow and white constitute a cheerful, hopeful color combination.  That makes me want to believe this is/was a happy place.  I wonder what activities have taken place in that courtyard.

I read your comments in your link given.  Your articulation is spectacular, just as your imagemaking.  Are you an author too?

Dear Henry Sir,

It is always such a pleasure to have you come visiting and your dissection of the scene is always so perfect. Have and will have fond memories of you always.
This is a typical rural ambiance where there are a set of houses around a central courtyard around which the lives of a joint family revolve. The houses are made of stone/mud bricks paved in mud (clay) and the walls are plastered with a mixture of mud & straw. The people who stay here unlike us city folks are warm and inviting and willing to share their meager resources.

No I ain't no author, but prone to ramblings occasionally.

Cheers!

Jasii

I really enjoy visiting the places that have been recorded in your photography.  I like the way you see.

:)
A Year young with my DSLR and loving it.........
Gear: Canon 600d + 18-55, +55-250