Hello Guest

Author Topic: A decent camera bag - Helpful while trekking  (Read 787 times)

Offline aneek

A decent camera bag - Helpful while trekking
« on: December 01, 2015, 04:20:28 PM »
Hello,

I've been browsing this forum for quite a days now. Great tips, suggestions & tutorials etc. So I decided to register and since this is my first post I will share an issue that I am facing for almost 3 years now.

I love to trek and I do carry my camera (EOS 500D) with 2 lenses Kit lens & 55-250. Along with the camera I do have other stuffs in my kit as well. Like, a rocket blower, a flash and chargers. I carry all these items in a "Tamrac System 3-5603" bag. Well, this bag is really good. But while walking on the trekking trail I do face issues to get the camera out and in. This bag is not good while I am carrying a rucksack.

Can you please suggest me which bag I can get so that I don't face such kind of issue. So I can easily get the camera out, take pictures and place it in the bag again.

Thanks in advance! 

Offline blue

• Regular
Re: A decent camera bag - Helpful while trekking
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 03:19:23 PM »
Ended up using the following recently

Think Tank holster bags,
A belt from the same brand and
A chest harness when I was not on all fours.

Spare batteries, cards, filters, flash, cleaning kit and charger were inside the backpack.

Seriously considering the Panasonic FZ1000.
MEDIOCRITY IS WITHIN MY REACH

Offline yndesai

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • ShadowGraphy
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2015, 10:21:11 PM »
"Life is compromise"
Just check if you want to travel so heavy. Check how many of the stuff you can leave without in wild.
You are tracking for photography
or want to enjoy you tracking and click on the way

Seriously considering the Panasonic FZ1000.

There are many good contenders that can sneak in your coat pocket.
http://yndpics.blogspot.com

Best accessory of camera is 3" behind it,
And mine needs an upgrade. . . ;)

Offline vibhorchodha

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2016, 05:44:56 PM »
Which bag did you end up getting?

I find the Lowepro Slingshot 102w perfect for the requirements that you mentioned.

Good luck

Offline theqca

• Hero
    • Framed For Life
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2016, 08:27:19 AM »

I find the Lowepro Slingshot 102w perfect for the requirements that you mentioned.

Yeah I like that model...though it doesn't take a lot of stuff - as long as you are able to choose which lenses you need. I ended up with some larger from vanguard as it felt better on the shoulders while walking long distances with...did a 8 hour trek recently with a full bag - didnt end up with any issues and was quite comfortable....

Nikon FM(black), Nikon FG, Nikon D700, Nikon FM(silver), Nikon FM10, Pentax Spotmatic, Zenith TTL, Minox Wetzlar, Agfa Optima III, Yashica & Rollei rangefinders etc

28mm 2.8, 70-300vr, 200mm f4, 50mm 1.4, 55mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 16mm 2.8, 70-210 f4 macro, Lensbaby, Helios 44 f2, 90mm macro, etc