Hello Guest

Author Topic: I AM PLANNING TO BUY AN DSLR..  (Read 1151 times)

Offline cass2828

• Rookie
I AM PLANNING TO BUY AN DSLR..
« on: April 19, 2016, 09:52:02 PM »
Hi,guys, I am planning to buy an entry level budget DSLR( between rs.25000 - rs.35000) I also need some focal length as I would be mostly photographing birds. I thought of Nikon d5200 I really love it is awesome and it is cheap and it contains all the features I need(I think) what do you say, Guys? ;D
Life is like Photography
We develop from the NEGATIVES

Offline yndesai

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • ShadowGraphy
Re: I AM PLANNING TO BUY AN DSLR..
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 12:16:04 PM »
Usually for birds its burst fps which matters. I had bought sony A58 for the
same reason.

However you must finally think of which lens you are going to use in future.

Nikon D5200 along NIKKOR AF-S DX 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR should make
decent pair for beginner. Still try your hands on it before buying.
http://yndpics.blogspot.com

Best accessory of camera is 3" behind it,
And mine needs an upgrade. . . ;)

Offline SaurabhShete

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2016, 12:19:22 PM »
Thats a great camera indeed... Although... have you made up your mind about it or are you open to other cameras as well? The Canon 700 D could provide the perfect alternative! With an 18-135 lens... I think you should be covered, especially if you're thinking of an entry level camera!

You can find further comparison below...

http://www.groupdrop.in/drop/compare/138_163
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 12:27:45 PM by SaurabhShete »

Offline Hocuspocus

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2016, 04:06:48 PM »
Hi Guys,

I'm also planning to buy a DSLR camera with kit around 35K. I researched on Canon 700D and liked it a lot. But then I saw this comparison on youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qd6urjDuqtY

Then looked at Nikon D5200/5300. Went to Reliance Digital and then came to know at Sony Alpha A58.

Being a beginner in DSLR, although Camera(body) and lenses do matter, but ultimately it's the person who does the shooting.

Would request the experienced shooters to share their views on these three models.

Canon 700D (Rs 36000) :
Nikon D5200/5300 (Rs 37850):
Sony Alpha A58 (Rs 36590):

Note: Prices are inclusive to two lenses: 18-55 & 55-200.

Although, I will not be into serious photography, but Sony being IS enabled in the camera itself, will save Vit D in every purchase of lenses. Also, the continuous FPS in Sony is much better than the rest of the two.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Thanks !!

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2016, 06:00:24 PM »
What is the cost of a Sony 400mm? Their macro lenses? How many lenses they have. Have you tried continuous mode shoot with eye to viewfinder. Even though fps was fast the VF went black on me and I got zero out of 15 picsframing my subject. Hope tthat's changed now.

Offline Hocuspocus

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2016, 07:56:43 PM »
What is the cost of a Sony 400mm? Their macro lenses? How many lenses they have. Have you tried continuous mode shoot with eye to viewfinder. Even though fps was fast the VF went black on me and I got zero out of 15 picsframing my subject. Hope tthat's changed now.

Thanks Lightwave for your view. However, on which model of Sony DSLR did you experience VF issue? The other thing which I mentioned was that i'm not into serious photography so it's very unlikely I would be purchasing a 400 mm lens. I guess minolta/Sony A type mounts are compatable ... so I guess it should not be a problem getting a Minolta/Tamron lens for the same specs. Plus the camera supports IS so it would be an added advantage. What's your say ??

Offline yndesai

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • ShadowGraphy
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2016, 07:02:00 AM »
Plus the camera supports IS so it would be an added advantage. What's your say ??

I use A58. Body does support IS but it is not easy to get use to it since view in viewfinder is
not stabilized. People get irritated by this.
As I said try your hand and buy the model you find comfortable shooting.

Offline Hocuspocus

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2016, 02:42:52 PM »
Thanks Mr. Desai.... but out of your experience or research, which one is likely to be the best in terms of product, technology, support and accessories availability since you believe that "Best accessory of camera is 3" behind it"  ;D ;D

Offline yndesai

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • ShadowGraphy
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2016, 10:29:47 PM »
Thanks Mr. Desai.... but out of your experience or research, which one is likely to be the best in terms of product, technology, support and accessories availability since you believe that "Best accessory of camera is 3" behind it"  ;D ;D

In terms of accessories availability you are good to go with Canon lot of used stuffs available.
Service and support is something dependent on your location/luck.
Technology wise most of them are at par. My preferred jpg engine is canon I handles whites really well.

If you really want "Bird in flight" at this price than go for Sony A58.

Offline oits123

• Experienced and Dedicated Image Editing & Image Processing Company
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 05:34:56 PM »
The Canon 700 D i think should be perfect for you at this point in the market it is the best camera available for an affordable price.
OUTSOURCE INF[color=#

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 12:57:14 PM »
Hi Cass and Gang.

For your situation, Cass, the case for Canon may be compelling.   I am impressed by Canon's omnipresence, their large stock of optics, other-brand manufacturers who make optics and accessories for Canon, their support network, and Canon's reputation for good price performance.  Just about any lens can be made to mount on a Canon because of its short flange to sensor distance.  A boon to experimenters.

From all I've heard and read, Sony is excellent.  And for birds in flight, it just might be the ticket, as Yagnesh's positive experience proves.  On the other hand, Sony's presence is not as strong.  I understand that their glass is top notch, but more costly.  I wonder about their long term intentions in this market space, where they are facing Canon and Nikon, which have been around for most of a century.  Sony's EVF and mirrorless technologies are doubtlessly cutting edge and leading the way.  Will EVF replace the optical finder?  I share Doc's concerns stated above.  Is the new Sony gear that good already?  Some say it is.

In your case I would not choose Nikon D5200 if you want to maximize the use of Nikon glass.  Just about any Nikkor will mount the D5200, but only those equipped for electronic coupling will meter with the camera.   Unlike Canon, Nikon's longer flange to sensor distance also keeps it from adapting most other-brand glass.  So, experimentation opportunities with other glass are fewer.

Happy Day.

:)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 01:48:27 PM by Hankosaurus »
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Offline nutan12

• Paylesser India
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2017, 12:31:55 PM »
I will not tell you which DSLR Cam you have to buy, that is a choice you have to make on your own. The D5200 taake very nice photos with both the standard 18-55 and 18-200 V2. This cam has a better noise reduction in low light ISO conditions. To me this a nice option.

Offline Lokesh Gurnani

• Rookie
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2017, 10:57:03 PM »
Hi,guys, I am planning to buy an entry level budget DSLR( between rs.25000 - rs.35000) I also need some focal length as I would be mostly photographing birds. I thought of Nikon d5200 I really love it is awesome and it is cheap and it contains all the features I need(I think) what do you say, Guys? ;D
Hello cass2828! I'm currently using Nikon D5300 w/d Nikon 200-500mm. The results are just amazing! The autofocus is slow & the lens to body weight is imbalanced. In my opinion, going with Nikon D5300 would do you no harm. If you're interested in video though then go for D5400/5500 as they have touch screens; rest is all the same between D5300 & D5400/5500.
If you like Canon 700D, it's also a great camera but the lack of anti aliasing filter in Nikon D5300/5400/5500, pulled me over to Nikon. If you're keen to progress your bird & wildlife photography, then this would be a great help to you as there is loads of detail present in Nikon cameras as the lack anti aliasing filter.
Personally, I won't go for Sony as there are lack of lens choices.
On the other hand, both 18-55mm w/d 55-200 or 55-300mm are great options! But soon you'd learn that even with 300mm you are unable to fill in the bird/animal!
Happy Shooting! :)

Offline Roshni

• Rookie
  • Willing to enhance my Photography skills!
    • Auto Stamper
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 12:51:26 PM »
hey, if you are planning to buy NikonD5200, it is the best choice as per my concern. As you can select focus points from 39 or 11 with a maximum resolution of 24.1 MP, also it is in budget opinion.
I will recommend it without any doubts!

HTH