Hello Guest

Author Topic: Buying New DSLR  (Read 315 times)

Offline AK_Photography

Buying New DSLR
« on: October 15, 2016, 10:46:56 PM »
Hello Everyone I want to buy New DSLR but i confused to choose Nikon D7000 or Nikon D5500

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
Re: Buying New DSLR
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2016, 12:11:38 AM »
5500 is newer but for functions I would still be partial to D7000.

Offline Siturajkachari

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 04:11:45 PM »
Hello Sir , I am confused between Nikon and Canon. Suggest me what to buy

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 09:38:46 PM »
Hello Sir , I am confused between Nikon and Canon. Suggest me what to buy.

Hello Situraj.

Both brands are very good.  One or the other may feel better in your hands.  You could almost flip a coin otherwise.  Here are some attributes that come to mind:

Canon has a wide variety of optics at more or less reasonable prices.  Further, the Canon mount distance (flange face to sensor) is short.  It allows adaptation to other lenses, other than Canon.  This may be of interest to experimenters.  Service, and availability of Canon accessories, are very good.  Lots of used gear is available in used market as people move around and up in the Canon line.

Nikon has most of the attributes of Canon above, except that its lens mount flange to sensor distance is longer.  So, adaptation to other-brand optics is not a benefit.  Overall, Canon may be a little more "affordable" than Nikon.

Keep in mind that when you make your choice, you are also buying in to a lens brand/mount and the various aftermarket other-brand optics made for that brand of lens mount.

It might be good to ask yourself what you plan to be doing in photography in five years or so.  Specialization in photography and lenses available for specialized types of work may cause you to favor one brand over another. 

If you know that you will become serious about the hobby, you might choose an up-line, advanced amateur body instead of an entry level one.  Serious students are likely to "outgrow" their entry level cameras quickly, once they learn about the operational advantages of the models immediately above.

What kind of photography do you have in mind?

Welcome to PCI!

:)
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.