Hello Guest

Author Topic: Camera budget Rs 15000.00  (Read 381 times)

Offline anni

Camera budget Rs 15000.00
« on: October 27, 2016, 08:47:45 PM »
Please guide me in buying a digital camera for day to  day photography to be used as a family camera.budget 15 K.wi fi required.Im not a photographer.looking for good jap brands like canon or nikon.also pl guide whether buying from dealers is better or these ecommerce sites,dont want warantee issues.Thanks.Anirudh

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Re: Camera budget Rs 15000.00
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 12:58:55 AM »
Please guide me in buying a digital camera for day to day photography to be used as a family camera. Budget 15 K. wifi required. I'm not a photographer. Looking for good jap brands like Canon or Nikon.  Also pl guide whether buying from dealers is better or these eCommerce sites, don't want warranty issues.   Thanks.   Anirudh

Hello Anirudh.

Welcome to the PCI Forum. 

Your expressed budget will limit the choices, unless you are willing to entertain used equipment.  Canon and Nikon are good brands.  So are Sony, Pentax, Olympus, Fujifilm, and several others.  You may find it useful to look on www.depreview.com to see what cameras are available that suit your needs.  They have articles, camera reviews, and side by side comparison tools that you can click on.

When my friends and relatives (and who have no knowledge of photography in a technical sense) ask me what camera to buy (as a family camera) I tell them to get the best Canon they can afford.  That seems to work every time.

Where do you see yourself in the photographic hobby in five years?  What kinds of images will you want to make then, and of what?

Click HERE to go to dpreview's camera search and selection page.

Got specific questions about the cameras?  Bring them here.  We'll try to help.

Best of luck in your decision!

:)
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Offline fdsphotography

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 01:45:23 PM »
Canon PowerShot SX420 is the Best Camera According to your Budget. That has some Good Features. If you are not Professional Photographer then it was the best option for you.

Offline yndesai

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • ShadowGraphy
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2017, 02:45:34 PM »
Though bridge cam has its own capability but first timers usually don't carry around bigger camera every now and then.
You must take final call after trying your hands on the cam at showroom as the feel part of camera makes you carry it around.

If pocketable is a criteria than check these ones

Canon PowerShot SX620 HS
Sony Cybershot DSC-WX220
But I would recommend Nikon coolpix P300 currently on offer on Amazon

http://www.amazon.in/Nikon-Coolpix-P300-Digital-Optical/dp/B0074JVAKO/ref=lp_1389181031_1_26?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1483779639&sr=1-26-spons&psc=1

Reason is it has manual mode in P&S cam which allows you to experiment and learn a lot. Also has a large aperture lens for good indoor (low light) performance.

When my friends and relatives (and who have no knowledge of photography in a technical sense) ask me what camera to buy (as a family camera) I tell them to get the best Canon they can afford.  That seems to work every time.

I have done that many times but when they see me using Sony they don't trust my advise. ;)
http://yndpics.blogspot.com

Best accessory of camera is 3" behind it,
And mine needs an upgrade. . . ;)