Hello Guest

Author Topic: Purchase DSL for laboratory and field work  (Read 297 times)

Offline kashir

Purchase DSL for laboratory and field work
« on: November 26, 2016, 12:39:05 PM »
Hi friends
I am interested in purchasing a camera for my laboratory work and also for the field work. In the former I take photographs of flowers and outside I have to take photos of normal things. My budget is 65K. Kindly suggest some nice camera.
regards
kashir

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
Re: Purchase DSL for laboratory and field work
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 02:55:04 PM »
Both Nikon and canon with a good Macro lens should serve your needs in that budget. I wouldn't recommend mirrorless in this case.

Offline yndesai

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
  • ShadowGraphy
Re: Purchase DSL for laboratory and field work
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2016, 11:25:37 AM »
In the former I take photographs of flowers.

I suggest you check out photos of flowers posted on flickr and check the kind of lenses they have used. Since macro lens is gr8 but has very
thin depth of field and bringing complete flower in focus is just not possible unless you do elaborate "focus stacking" of multiple exposures.

Following three are samples which you need to consider for your decision to use in laboratory
First one is taken using 50mm 1.8 lens instead of macro this is called close up.
 Violets by yndesai, on Flickr

Second one is taken using reverse ring at 18mm of kit lens macro of sugar crystals. You can see amount of particle in focus.
 Kitchen Diamonds by yndesai, on Flickr

Third one is again a closeup using a zoom lens at 180mm. You can find the amount of rose that is in focus.

New Year Rose by yndesai, on Flickr

While camera is one decision you need to have lighting for laboratory shots. Second and third shots were taken with flash.
http://yndpics.blogspot.com

Best accessory of camera is 3" behind it,
And mine needs an upgrade. . . ;)