Hello Guest

Author Topic: Wedding photographers and editors.  (Read 393 times)

Offline JoshN1

Wedding photographers and editors.
« on: May 24, 2017, 02:12:11 PM »
Hello everybody.
I noticed that some photographers are completely floppy  >:( . Several times I encountered the case that the photographer made really good photos but did not edit them.
What do you think: is it better to address third-party wedding-retouching companies..
OR
Is it better to contact the photographer for photo editing?

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
Re: Wedding photographers and editors.
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 04:31:58 PM »
It's the photographer's job to deliver finished quality goods.

Offline Roshni

• Rookie
  • Willing to enhance my Photography skills!
    • Auto Stamper
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2017, 12:13:41 PM »
It is a totally personal choice. But finished quality shots are better for sure.

Offline jagmeetsingh

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 12:31:22 PM »
You should hire professional photographer so that he/she will give you pixel perfect photos with proper editing. 

Offline davidtakh

• Wedding Photographers in Kolkata
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 03:29:41 PM »
Its better to hire professional wedding photographers firm or company, they can capture beautiful moments of your life and also can edit photo of yours choice.Check out https://camyogi.in/ its a wedding photographer portal, you can select your best photographer according to their portfolio.

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 03:08:32 AM »
Hello David.

I am going to guess that if one is inclined to shoot a wedding and simply turn over the images to the customer, unedited, as on a USB stick, that the "photographer" does not take the art of the enterprise of Wedding Photography seriously enough.

Part of what one buys from a wedding photographer is his ability to see and capture the most precious moments and expressions.  Naturally, one who does that will also want total control of the image to assure that color, contrast, composition, and other attributes of his imagemaking are seen in the best possible light, and that the customer is delighted with the result.  He will not want others mucking about in that arena, as that could damage his reputation and cause the customers to be dissatisfied.

Find a real wedding photographer, and ask to see a complete wedding that he has shot, not simply a collection of best shots from various weddings.

Best of luck with your decision.

:)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:12:14 AM by Hankosaurus »
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.