Hello Guest

Poll

Is mandatory to do a professional course in order to be a wildlife photographer?

Yes
0 (0%)
No
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Wildlife & Bird Photography  (Read 356 times)

Offline Lokesh Gurnani

• Rookie
Wildlife & Bird Photography
« on: June 27, 2017, 10:28:37 PM »
I'm keen to make my passion into profession. I'm an Amateur Wildlife & Bird photographer. I'm self taught & wanted to know if it is mandatory to do a photography course in order to do Wildlife Photography as a professional? I've asked many reputed professionals but got a mix bag of replies!

Here are some of my images taken by me! Sorry my image size are way beyond the upload limit!

https://www.instagram.com/lokeshgurnani.me/

Thanks.

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Re: Wildlife & Bird Photography
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2017, 02:42:24 AM »
Hello Lokesh.

Welcome to the PCI Forum.

"I'm self taught & wanted to know if it is mandatory to do a photography course in order to do Wildlife Photography as a professional."

I suppose it depends upon who might be requiring it.  Your pictures are very nice and doubtlessly have market potential if you can market them.  And you probably would like for them to be even better.  Professional level training can strengthen your skills, as you learn from people who do the kind of imagemaking that you want to do.  Money spent on good training is probably a much better investment than money spent on equipment.

Having dabbled in this hobby most of my adult life, I can assure you that great cameras don't make great pictures, photographers must do that.  And they need to know how.

I say get all the high quality education and guidance you can.  Do it for yourself, not for what others might require.  Your pictures will speak for themselves if you market them and yourself correctly with viable clients.

Happy Day.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:45:38 AM by Hankosaurus »
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Offline Lokesh Gurnani

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 09:47:47 AM »
Thank You.
I'd certainly look into it. However, should I do a course concentrated upon wildlife or should I go for all round course?

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2017, 11:37:49 AM »
That depends on what interests you and how clear your photography basics are.