Hello Guest

Author Topic: Pentax officially available in India  (Read 1577 times)

Offline ashok

• Manic
Pentax officially available in India
« on: January 03, 2014, 09:51:21 PM »
Cheers !!!
Pentax is now officially available in India.  Just found this in JJMehta.com website.

http://jjmehta.com/shop/Pentax_DSLR/

I don't know about others, but it does make me happy.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline theqca

• Hero
    • Framed For Life
Re: Pentax officially available in India
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2014, 10:07:31 PM »
Hmmm.. I still have a spotmatic that I hold on to for kicks.. But I don't think they'll be able to achieve a significant amount of market penetration.. Lets see how many old pentax fans actually make a purchase.. I know I won't at this stage.
Nikon FM(black), Nikon FG, Nikon D700, Nikon FM(silver), Nikon FM10, Pentax Spotmatic, Zenith TTL, Minox Wetzlar, Agfa Optima III, Yashica & Rollei rangefinders etc

28mm 2.8, 70-300vr, 200mm f4, 50mm 1.4, 55mm 2.8 macro, 50mm 1.8, 16mm 2.8, 70-210 f4 macro, Lensbaby, Helios 44 f2, 90mm macro, etc

Offline itsme_soumya

• Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:39:25 PM »
good to see pentax being sold by dealers. when i talked with mr. mallick (ricoh-pentax business head, india) he informed me that they will collaborate with well known online dealers to sell pentax cameras from jan 2014 onwards. so, they are well on course. next target for them would be setting up the service network.

however, i find jjmehta's price very high. i have a separate pricing from mr mallick which was much lower.

cheers!
soumya
To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event. ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2014, 09:54:25 AM »
I guess their tie up with Ricoh should stand them in good stead as they'd be able to use the established dealer network, It is another matter as to how many partners from the imaging industry would be able to sell cams?
A Year young with my DSLR and loving it.........
Gear: Canon 600d + 18-55, +55-250

Offline itsme_soumya

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2014, 01:05:31 PM »
just to add, recently dpreview chose pentax k3 as the best dslr of 2013. feeling happy for pentax. wish they had a FX line up :(

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/01/02/best-gear-of-2013-the-results-are-in/11

cheers!
soumya
To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event. ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson