Hello Guest

Author Topic: Essential Photography Tips for Beginners by InfoIndia  (Read 264 times)

Offline LocalBusinessdirectory

• Infoindia - Online Business Directory
  • Free Business Listing - www.infoindiaa.com
    • India Business Directory - Infoindia
Essential Photography Tips for Beginners by InfoIndia
« on: April 16, 2018, 02:56:39 PM »
Learn all the rules so you can break them later
Photography rules are essential because they provide a foundation for more advanced photography tips and tricks later on. Learn the rules first, so you have more creative control when breaking them later.

Expose and focus first, then frame your shot
An improperly exposed or blurry picture is unusable, but one not precisely framed may still be saved. For this reason, you should always focus on and properly expose for the subject before adjusting the frame.

Focus on the eyes
We are always drawn towards the eyes in a photograph, since eyes are a natural focal point that we connect with.

Make lots of mistakes, then learn from them
The more mistakes you make, the faster you’ll learn and improve your photography skills. All professional photographers once started without an understanding of anything on a camera.

Perfect the exposure trifecta
Getting proper exposure in photography consists of balancing three things: shutter speed, aperture, and ISO settings. You can start off by shooting in automatic or priority mode, but to get full control and shoot with manual camera controls you’ll have to understand the relationship between these three things that each directly affect the exposure and quality of your image.

Always be ready
Be as prepared as a boy scout and always be ready to snap a shot. Most digital SLRs have nearly instantaneous startup times, and it takes almost no extra battery power to leave your camera on.
Infoindiaa , India's local search engine, provides  Internet service provider,Software Company,Plywood Dealer,Hardware Tool Dealers,Marble Dealers,Lathe Manufacturer,Packing Machine,Packaging Material Manufacturer, Computer Dealer, Laptop Dealer,Accessories Dealer,Restaurants, Hotels and more

Offline smileysnaps

• Wedding Photographers in Chennai
    • Wedding Photographers in Chennai
Re: Essential Photography Tips for Beginners by InfoIndia
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 01:30:08 AM »
We talked with the outstanding photographer of nature and landscapes, Augusto Domínguez, with whom we will travel in May in our photographic expedition next to Hotel Corralco, who gave us a series of tips for those who seek to perfect their photographs in this autumn season and where we Tell your impressions of this discipline in the country. Do not miss it!

Little by little, throughout Chile, we have already begun to witness the first signs of autumn. Fresher mornings, later sunrises and the first orange and red tones in the trees have been noticed a few days after the arrival of the season.

As many know, autumn is one of the most photogenic seasons of the year allowing us to play with the contrasts in the forest, the details in the leaves and the dim lights of sunrise and sunset. But today we wanted to ask an expert what were the essential tips that every photographer should take into account in their field trips at this time. Find here the answers of Augusto Domínguez, a prominent national photographer who has specialized in nature and landscape photography:

What is your favorite place in Chile to photograph autumn?

The region of La Araucanía and especially the Araucanía Andina. This area is very privileged for several reasons. First because of the scenic beauty of the multiple parks and nature reserves, both state and private. These have preserved the forests of coigües, lengas, oaks, ñirres, raulíes and other species that amaze us when they begin to change their leaves color.

Also in the region there are very good roads and excellent offers to stay that allow you to be minutes from the araucarias and especially the forests of Nothofagus, which are deciduous. To me, the colors of autumn fascinated me from the first time I camped under them; the walks through forests "load your batteries", they balance you, they heal you, they reassure you. If in addition to this they are in their best period, which for me is autumn, double prize.

Besides, you are already a true connoisseur of the area, you have been photographing these landscapes for many years ...
Yes, the first time I photographed those forests from a professional perspective was the year 1988.

Path in the Huerquehue National Park © Augusto DomínguezPath in the Huerquehue National Park © Augusto Domínguez
If you had to choose 5 essential tips to get good photographs in the fall, what would they be?

1. Comfortable clothes

The first thing is to wake up early and walk a lot, therefore you will need comfortable shoes. There are parks such as the Huerquehue in which yes or yes you must walk to reach those wonderful lagoons surrounded by autumn.

2. Study your destiny

It is important to have knowledge of where the Nothofagus forests are located that are in better condition, for example. Also be informed of the best dates in the different places of the region or the country; For example, knowing that April 15 is the peak of autumn in Tierra del Fuego and Patagonia, the first days of May in Andean Araucania and the end of May in the central area, in places such as Cerro El Roble or Altos de Cantillana .

Notice that usually the highest places begin the process of moving the leaves first and that is where the most intense colors are achieved.

3. Playing with the weather

The interior forests photograph them preferably with cloudy days, the photos come out beautiful.

4. Do not over saturate the photos

Please, by revealing your digital photos do not over saturate those colors that are already intense. They can ruin a beautiful shot, just by leaving "the pig" with the color palette. When revealing, you have to know very well which is the right WB for each shot. Those autumns revealed very warm, I personally do not like them.

5. Search for places in height

A very good advice is to look for those places in height and reach peaks that allow you a panoramic view of the autumn mantles where the coigües and the evergreen araucarias, contrast with the Nothofagus. That is a sight that is worth it. And you do not need to rent a helicopter, it's as simple as going to places like the El Cañi Sanctuary, the Conguillío National Park or the Las Raíces slope and climbing to the summits.

In addition, it is worth adding, that you have to be respectful with the environment and not break leaves or branches that bother you in the frame and leave clean.

What would you say is the essential equipment for anyone who is starting to take more professional pictures?
I have already taken a lot of this in nature photography and I have already completed my equipment with several lenses, but for someone who starts, I would advise at least to have covered the range between 24 mm and 200 mm in the case of full frame ( FX). For those who use DX format I advise you at least to have lenses that cover the range between 18 mm and 180 mm.

A very robust tripod is fundamental, even if it is a little heavier; this will allow us to take pictures with slower speeds. And if we add a polarizing filter for the lenses ... we are ready to start.

What is for you the most common mistake made by beginning photographers and what advice would you give them to improve it?
A very common mistake is to immediately want to have a very expensive camera. The cameras do not take photos alone. That thinking head that is behind the body of the camera is what decides how to compose, what parameters to use, what optics to use, what time of day to make the shot, how deep in the field, etc. Do not change the camera, get someone to give them good advice and learn to take advantage of the camera they have. "Neither the bow nor the arrow matters so much; the Indian matters more. " Now, when the Indian sharpened his eye and aim, pass him a good bow and he will do wonders.

You have been photographing landscapes and nature for almost 30 years. After all these years, what is your diagnosis of photography of landscapes and nature in Chile? And how do you see that this discipline has changed over time?
My diagnosis is that photography is healthy, strong and vigorous. At least in my specialty, which is the wild life and nature, we have very good exponents. Before, the photographers of the analogous era were a little more invisible and only knew our work through our publications, be it calendars or books. Now, digital photography has democratized access to media a little more. In turn, the learning process was made faster since from the moment of capture until we have the photo on our computer, it can take a couple of minutes. This favored the development of the creative process since the feed back is immediate.

The work of the new litters was also made more visible, and with the irruption of social media such as Facebook or Instagram that allow sharing images, it is very easy to know who is who. There are many nature lovers who today go out to enjoy it accompanied by their digital cameras. Not all of them come from photography schools and it is permissible for them to approach it just for the pleasure of sharing beauty. I say ¡Viva la fotografía! Even from simple devices such as those that are incorporated into smartphones.
Saravana Kumar
Candid Wedding Photographer
Check out my website@
http://smileysnaps.com

Offline Roshni

• Regular
  • Willing to enhance my Photography skills!
    • Auto Stamper
Re: Essential Photography Tips for Beginners by InfoIndia
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2018, 06:35:27 PM »
Very Informative for beginners!