Hello Guest

Author Topic: How about it?  (Read 389 times)

Offline Roshni

• Regular
  • Willing to enhance my Photography skills!
    • Auto Stamper
How about it?
« on: May 25, 2018, 10:49:22 AM »

Offline ISO

• Hero
Re: How about it?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 11:54:02 AM »
Excellent!

Dynamic range well captured.

Small nit- there is some color cast on the water.

Offline bitublack

• Rookie
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 11:58:34 AM »
I am no expert, so please take everything I say with a pinch of salt. Agree at your own risk :) .

I like the catch light on the water close to me, and the 'lane' of light right up to the horizon, even though the highlights are blown in most of that part of the water.
I like the mood created by the undersaturated blue in the water.
Special mention of the three lines of waves you have been able to capture, I think this and the lane of sunlight are the real stars. The gaps between the lines of waves also appear pleasing to my eyes. I can't tell from the image in its current size, but I am sure if I looked at a bigger version, I would like the sunlight catching the tops of the nearest line of waves.

What I do not like is the blown out sun in the shot. A big blot of blown out sun, in this instance, is not working for me.
You have got almost monotonous blue sky in the top 20% of the shot. I feel that the part of the sky is not making any positive contribution.
A green fluorescent spot towards the left on the horizon is distracting. It would have been great if I could imagine it to be a boat or something, but I can't.

Another very subjective thing is that the shot has been taken with the waves parallel to the bottom of the frame. But the lane of light, and the bright sun itself, cause my eyes to veer to the right. No suggestions, and I am not calling this positive or negative. Just an observation.

In my critique above, I have not mentioned the rule-of-thirds. Depending on where you are in your photographic journey, the rule-of-thirds can be of great help or can greatly restrict your ability to think creatively. If you consider yourself closer to the start in your photography learning road, it would be a good idea to follow it more often than not.

Please feel free to disagree and let me know why.

The whole point of my jumping into this critique is to be able to learn from criticism of my criticism :) .

Happy shooting.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 01:49:18 PM by bitublack »

Offline LightWave

• Administrator
  • Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 04:32:51 PM »
Few critiques from me.

1. Avoid 50-50 position of horizon.
2. A foreground object would be nice.

Offline Roshni

• Regular
    • Auto Stamper
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2018, 12:19:01 PM »
I am no expert, so please take everything I say with a pinch of salt. Agree at your own risk :) .

I like the catch light on the water close to me, and the 'lane' of light right up to the horizon, even though the highlights are blown in most of that part of the water.
I like the mood created by the undersaturated blue in the water.
Special mention of the three lines of waves you have been able to capture, I think this and the lane of sunlight are the real stars. The gaps between the lines of waves also appear pleasing to my eyes. I can't tell from the image in its current size, but I am sure if I looked at a bigger version, I would like the sunlight catching the tops of the nearest line of waves.

What I do not like is the blown out sun in the shot. A big blot of blown out sun, in this instance, is not working for me.
You have got almost monotonous blue sky in the top 20% of the shot. I feel that the part of the sky is not making any positive contribution.
A green fluorescent spot towards the left on the horizon is distracting. It would have been great if I could imagine it to be a boat or something, but I can't.

Another very subjective thing is that the shot has been taken with the waves parallel to the bottom of the frame. But the lane of light, and the bright sun itself, cause my eyes to veer to the right. No suggestions, and I am not calling this positive or negative. Just an observation.

In my critique above, I have not mentioned the rule-of-thirds. Depending on where you are in your photographic journey, the rule-of-thirds can be of great help or can greatly restrict your ability to think creatively. If you consider yourself closer to the start in your photography learning road, it would be a good idea to follow it more often than not.

Please feel free to disagree and let me know why.

The whole point of my jumping into this critique is to be able to learn from criticism of my criticism :) .

Happy shooting.

Thanks for your suggestions, I Will surely try t work on the sun part!

Offline Roshni

• Regular
    • Auto Stamper
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2018, 12:19:47 PM »
Excellent!

Dynamic range well captured.

Small nit- there is some color cast on the water.
Thank you!

Offline Roshni

• Regular
    • Auto Stamper
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2018, 12:21:54 PM »
Few critiques from me.

1. Avoid 50-50 position of horizon.
2. A foreground object would be nice.

Surely I will!
Thanks a ton

Offline DSP121

• Regular
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2018, 07:26:38 PM »
Sunset...!
It's a very nice picture, great work! :)

Offline Roshni

• Regular
    • Auto Stamper
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2018, 06:24:32 PM »
Thank you!