Hello Guest

Author Topic: Landscapes of Ladakh  (Read 90 times)

Offline ISO

• Hero
Landscapes of Ladakh
« on: November 12, 2018, 11:49:31 PM »

Offline HansrajVyas

• Hero
Re: Landscapes of Ladakh
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 12:33:45 AM »
All three are superb !

Offline ISO

• Hero
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 04:39:44 AM »
Thank you Hansraj

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 09:28:22 AM »
Hello Mukund.

I like all three, but there is something special about the first one that appeals to me.  I like how the layers of differing terrain types get stacked up into an almost graphic abstraction of sorts.  I will guess that the angle of view is restricted, but I cannot tell by how much.  I think it's terrific how that your watermark is almost hidden in the gravel, rendering it non-competitive with respect to the remainder of the composition.

In the third image,  I am taken by the scale and the winding road with vehicles. What an interesting sight.

Thanks for sharing all these.

:)
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Offline bitublack

• Rookie
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2018, 07:09:20 PM »
Lovely images.

I am intrigued by the third image, because it has a winding road, whose width my mind is able to guess.

I find my eye travelling up and down that thin strip of road, and I seem to discover more and more cars and trucks every time I look again! At first glance I had just registered the one truck on it :) .

TFS!

Offline ISO

• Hero
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2018, 07:22:04 PM »
Hello Mukund.

I like all three, but there is something special about the first one that appeals to me.  I like how the layers of differing terrain types get stacked up into an almost graphic abstraction of sorts.  I will guess that the angle of view is restricted, but I cannot tell by how much.  I think it's terrific how that your watermark is almost hidden in the gravel, rendering it non-competitive with respect to the remainder of the composition.

In the third image,  I am taken by the scale and the winding road with vehicles. What an interesting sight.

Thanks for sharing all these.

:)

Thanks Henry.

1st is my favorite too. Exactly as you described, I gave same tittle for the FB post.

Offline ISO

• Hero
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2018, 07:22:41 PM »
Lovely images.

I am intrigued by the third image, because it has a winding road, whose width my mind is able to guess.

I find my eye travelling up and down that thin strip of road, and I seem to discover more and more cars and trucks every time I look again! At first glance I had just registered the one truck on it :) .

TFS!

Thanks Abhishek.