Author Topic: Seven Reasons  (Read 78 times)

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Seven Reasons
« on: August 08, 2019, 09:34:31 AM »
Hi Gang.

Can you imagine any reason to give your digital slr a rest and shoot some film again?  Check out this article.

There is just something special about the simple, straightforward manner of the classic, all manual film camera shooting experience.  I've gotten used to the dSLR experience, but much was lost in the transition from the days of the Metal, Mechanical, Manual film camera.

:)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 10:03:13 AM by Hankosaurus »
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Offline Prabir

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • There is more to it than the eyes can see.
Re: Seven Reasons
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 01:57:14 AM »
Henry, I was thinking about this post for a few days. Though I don't have a film camera at the moment, I could list out 5 reasons for giving my DSLR a rest:

1) With film and film cameras, one wouldn't normally bother about image stabilization and all.
2) One wouldn't have to bother much about the white balance.
3) one doesn't get to see the image immediately and there is no undo/delete option available. But the print/scan emerging after processing gives a lot of pleasant surprises.
4) The grainy images produced under certain lighting conditions give beautiful dated and nostalgic outputs. Trying to generate similar images with digital processing often look artificial.
5) In film cameras, one often moves around with a single lens, which challenges one's creativity. But the results are often more than satisfying.

Cheers!!
Nikon Stable - D810, 24-120mm f4 VR, 18-35mm, 70-300mm VR,200-500mm f5.6 VRII, 35mm f2D
Canon Stable - EOS-M5, 50mmf/1.4, Helios 58/2 M42
Olympus Stable - OMD-EM5 II, various lenses
And a lot of friends
Watch me at http://www.pbase.com/prabir2011
Watch me also at https://www.flickr.com/photos/pkbhat