Author Topic: Motorcycle Photography  (Read 244 times)

Offline Bhargav Sharma

Motorcycle Photography
« on: September 18, 2020, 09:52:35 PM »
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'd like it if I could get some opinions on some photos I took a while back with my Nikon D3500 and 35mm 1.8 lens

Offline Hankosaurus

• Global Moderator
  • Hero
Re: Motorcycle Photography
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2020, 09:08:20 PM »
Hello Bhargav.

Welcome to the PCI Forum.

Thanks for sharing your images of the motorcycle and motorcyclist. Glad you are having fun with your Nikon D3500.

I like how that the top image has the bike leaning into a curve.  By way of possible improvement, I would suggest that it have a bit more space around the bike, and a little more yet in front of it.  This would give the look of it going into the frame's empty space.  A slower shutter speed would allow you to pan with the bike, blurring the background.  This would soften the detail of the fenceline and convey speed and motion.

The second image is, to me, just more of a record of how the bike and rider look.  The orange foliage is pretty and links up to the orange in the bike.  The overall warmish tone is pleasant and conveys a sense of a nice day to ride in the fall season.

Happy day.
Henry
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say that those of us who like to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.