Author Topic: WTB A Sturdy Tripod  (Read 792 times)

Offline Light & Shadow

• Rookie
WTB A Sturdy Tripod
« on: February 19, 2014, 11:02:09 AM »
Want to buy a sturdy tripod (obviously with a ball head or equivalent  ;D)...preferably a carbon fibre or aluminium body. Would like to rest my D700 along with a vertical shutter attached to the camera body, for long exposures.

I am from Kolkata and would prefer local sellers to save on Logistics. Anyone interested can write to me at engineer112@gmail.com   or call me at +919831586112.

Regards,

Krish
A good photograph is knowing where to stand. - Ansel Adams

Offline VikramF

• Mentor
  • Manic
Re: WTB A Sturdy Tripod
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 11:31:41 AM »
Light.
Strong.
Cheap (relatively).

Choose any of the two above as you can't get all three in a tripod (believe me, a LOT of people have tried, it's not possible).
You've said strong (sturdy) and light (Carbon fibre) .... so should the budget not be a constraint?

I'd start with some suggestions:
1. Benro C2690T ... Travel Angel Series with a good head; CF so it's light; It is strong (about 12Kg max weight). Sells for about 27k
2. Gitzo .... your budget include gitzo? Some clearance pieces at gaffarbhaiandsons.com
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

Offline Light & Shadow

• Rookie
Re: WTB A Sturdy Tripod
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »
Light.
Strong.
Cheap (relatively).

Choose any of the two above as you can't get all three in a tripod (believe me, a LOT of people have tried, it's not possible).
You've said strong (sturdy) and light (Carbon fibre) .... so should the budget not be a constraint?

I'd start with some suggestions:
1. Benro C2690T ... Travel Angel Series with a good head; CF so it's light; It is strong (about 12Kg max weight). Sells for about 27k
2. Gitzo .... your budget include gitzo? Some clearance pieces at gaffarbhaiandsons.com

Hi Vikram, Thanks a lot for the guidance....just forgot to mention a important word in my above communication i.e. "Used". I am looking for a used tripod  :). However, your advice would always come handy in making a decision.

Thanks,

Krish
A good photograph is knowing where to stand. - Ansel Adams