Author Topic: Sunrise @ Pong Dam  (Read 2111 times)

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
Sunrise @ Pong Dam
« on: January 14, 2014, 02:12:20 PM »
Dear friends!

This sunrise shot at the Pong Dam is of special interest  as the mountains in the background have a very large expanse of open fields in the front. so unlike what we see in Dharamsala.The pic has had the foreground cropped as it did not have anything of interest and I wanted the lit up sky as the focal point, also I wanted to create a panorama effect.
Ps. I guess the tilt is OK in this pic :)

A Year young with my DSLR and loving it.........
Gear: Canon 600d + 18-55, +55-250

Offline dashillol

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Learner by Choice
Re: Sunrise @ Pong Dam
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2014, 03:02:09 PM »
Jasiiji, very good attempt. But the limitation of any camera is what we can see through our eyes, can not be seen by the lens. I am sure the foreground had much more light than in the photo. To circumvent the issue, you can use active D-lighting or HDR (in jpeg mode) to bring out more details of the FG.

It was a sheer pleasure to talk to you too.  :D
A Nikon lover with few glasses, Nikon and Yongnuo speedlights, Benro tripod with ball-head and a few Hoya/Nikon/Marumi/Griffin filters

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 03:27:24 PM »
you can use active D-lighting or HDR (in jpeg mode) to bring out more details of the FG.

Thank you Hillol ji, How do I do that?

Rgds,

Offline dashillol

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
  • Learner by Choice
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 02:00:29 PM »
Jasiiji, these two are typical Nikon features. I am attaching few links here for you to absorb the matter.

http://digital-photography-school.com/what-is-canons-auto-lighting-optimizer

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/35128334

It is basically a tool to balance out the lighting in a high contrast situation. Where both parts (highlight and shadows) are properly exposed, close to get a photo as a human eye sees that.  :)
A Nikon lover with few glasses, Nikon and Yongnuo speedlights, Benro tripod with ball-head and a few Hoya/Nikon/Marumi/Griffin filters

Offline sambk

• Manic
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2014, 08:18:08 PM »
Jasii Ji, after a bit of touchup etc., you would probably want to print this one large and hang on the wall. I liked the layered composition.

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2014, 10:43:41 PM »
 :like: