Author Topic: Seascapes  (Read 2275 times)

Offline sudhanshu

Seascapes
« on: January 15, 2014, 07:26:34 PM »
Sharing some photographs from my recent visit to goa for your C&C.

by Sudhanshu2293, on Flickr

Equipment used-
1. Nikon d7000
2. nikon 50mm f/1.8 (for first image), tamron 70-300 di vc usd (for sixth image), sigma 10-20 (for rest)
3. Hoya NDX400 (for 3rd, 5th and 7th)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 10:03:43 PM by sudhanshu »

Offline sambk

• Manic
Re: Seascapes
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2014, 08:55:29 PM »
Sudhanshu, sure the experts will chip in with more apt evaluations.

Meantime, I liked the series and would like to express my views on some of the pics.

I liked the choice of subject and the setup. Looks slightly over saturated on my monitor.
There is very minute tilt at the horizon and horizon is almost cutting the pic in two.
Also you could have avoided letter 'H' as it hints about something is missing there. Also
the chair is chopped off a bit.

Liked the exposure but the picture is bit empty. Gives the feeling of 'The stage is set but actors are yet to arrive'.
In plain sky if you would have got some scattered cluds of couply of birds flying then that would have enhanced
that part of the pic. The foreground is without any interesting object and occupying almost half of the frame, again
cutting the pic in two. I wish you would have got some human element standing at lower right one thord looking
towards the hillock.

Liked the contrasting lighting in right and left half of the pic. The line in the center of the pathway gives the feel
of mirror image. The blue of the sky towards the top edge looks little un natural on my monitor.

The tilt is visible at the horizon.

Liked the colors, smooth/blurred water surface. The composition is also good IMO except the peeping tom in the bottom
left corner.

Liked this composition, still you could have avoided tree cutting the edge of the frame. I wish some of the ships were
closer in the frame but then I can understand one can not do anything.

Looks different. You could have cloned out the dust mark from middle of the frame close to the left edge. Little more
light on the soft white water patch around the stones would make them stand out as an anchor point. But then if the
you situation at the site had permitted,  you could have composed to get the stones/white soft water at more prominent
place in the frame as here it is little too close to the bottom edge and creating bit of tension in that part.

Thanks for sharing.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 08:57:52 PM by sambk »

Offline sudhanshu

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 10:56:18 PM »
Thanks sambk for detailed and honest reply.

I liked the choice of subject and the setup. Looks slightly over saturated on my monitor.
There is very minute tilt at the horizon and horizon is almost cutting the pic in two.
Also you could have avoided letter 'H' as it hints about something is missing there. Also
the chair is chopped off a bit.

I have corrected the tilt and reduced saturation a little.

The tilt is visible at the horizon.

Tilt corrected.

Liked the colors, smooth/blurred water surface. The composition is also good IMO except the peeping tom in the bottom
left corner.

I will try cloning this one out.

Looks different. You could have cloned out the dust mark from middle of the frame close to the left edge. Little more
light on the soft white water patch around the stones would make them stand out as an anchor point. But then if the
you situation at the site had permitted,  you could have composed to get the stones/white soft water at more prominent
place in the frame as here it is little too close to the bottom edge and creating bit of tension in that part.

This image was a 151 sec long exposure, so i guess they are star trail not dust marks. I will clone them in next update.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 11:08:35 PM by sudhanshu »

Offline sambk

• Manic
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2014, 11:54:26 PM »

This image was a 151 sec long exposure, so i guess they are star trail not dust marks. I will clone them in next update.

Sudhanshu, the star trail is little on the upper side. You can see dust mark also in pic no.4 as well at the same spot.

Offline sudhanshu

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 01:08:03 AM »

Sudhanshu, the star trail is little on the upper side. You can see dust mark also in pic no.4 as well at the same spot.
You are right, will clone them too. What do u think about saturation in first one, is it fine now?

Offline Jasii

• Trusted Member
  • Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 09:40:28 AM »
Nice pics Sudhanshu ji, and great critique Sami ji..........
Loving and learning!! ;)
+1 your way both.
Cheers!!!!!!
A Year young with my DSLR and loving it.........
Gear: Canon 600d + 18-55, +55-250

Offline shooter

• Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 04:50:35 PM »
may be a bit weird, but felt like there is a tilt of the horizon in #6....